Monday, July 7, 2014

HUGE answer to prayer!

Well for a 4th of July weekend, ours was pretty uneventful!  Jonathan and I spent most of the time at home.  He was in quite a bit of pain for a few days.  But by Saturday was up and moving around a little bit.  So we were able to get to Moses Lake to see our new nephew Matty and my older sister after her big surgery.  The boys spent most of the week with Grammy and Granpy so they had a blast 4-wheeling, doing construction projects... you know, all the things granpy's do.  In fact, when we pulled in the driveway at my parents Jude yelled "Hi dad and mom... don't get us!"  They didn't want to come home.  But it was actually really nice for Jonathan to have a quiet house to get some rest.  So apparently a win for everyone!

This morning, Monday morning, Jonathan got up and I drove him to work.  He made it about half the day before his leg wasn't feeling too good.  BUT we did hear from the Dr... So I thought I would give you the amazing news!

The pathology report is saying NO CANCER!  The tumor is benign.  To be honest with you, this is a miracle and I can only say thank you to all of you for praying for us.  God is amazing and does answer prayer!  The Dr. however didn't say it was a miracle, he actually doesn't even believe the results of the tests.  From all of the scans, and what he saw on Wednesday still believes it is cancer.  So he is sending the biopsy to the Cleveland Clinic who specializes in this sort of stuff just to get another opinion and make sure.  We will have those results in a couple more days.  But for now we are doing a little happy dance!  Thank you Jesus!

Even if the tumor isn't cancer, Jonathan is still going to require surgery.  We aren't sure on many details yet, but the Dr. said he probably can just scrape out the tumor, and do some bone graphing.  So there is still a pretty big surgery ahead, but I think this eliminates doing Chemo and possibly radiation I think.

To be honest with you we are still in shock that the biopsy came back benign.  And are faithful that the next pathology lab will find the same results.  Because I do know this:  Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it will be given to you.  Seek, and you will find.  Knock, and the door will be opened to you."  We asked, and asked and asked... So I think it was given!  AMEN 

I want to thank everyone for praying for us.  I truly do think it has made a HUGE difference here in our life.  I will let you all know what the secondary tests say, and when we know Jonathan's plan for surgery.

THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  I want to stand one the roof and scream this!

1 comment: